Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What makes us eat, and get moving?

So today I think was better then yesterday when it comes to food. For breakfast I had a egg with cheese, and for lunch I had a lean cuzine that was meatloaf and potatoes. For dinner Kourtnie is making raveollies. I am going to have a bowl of them but have not messuared it out yet as I have not had a chance to sit down and eat dinner yet. So let me ask this to all. What makes you eat? Is it stress? Boardum? I do it for both reasons. Food is a comfort for me. When I am stressed out or mad I turn to food to comfort me. When I am in pain and do not want to feel the pain any more I eat. I feel pain now when I eat because just a little bit of food makes me full quickly still even though my surgry was revised they can not give me back my old stomach I still have a little pouch that only holds 4 oz at a time. I did walk a little today, just not what I wanted. Where or where is the motavation I need to just get up and walk. To just get up and move. I feel sometimes the medicine does not work it makes me feel worse that I have to take medicine just to get out of bed in the morning. I hate that. I just want to be normal, get up and move around clean my house and be a normal person like other mom's. So tell me what makes you eat and what gives you motavation to just get up and move?

6 comments:

  1. I wish I knew. I'm so lost right now. Getting ready to go back on zoloft. Once I get the depression under control I can find a counselor and hopefully find a way to stop using food as a coping mechanism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the thing with me Sarah I get even more depressed knowing that I have to take all of those medicines just to have a functional day. Or at least what I think is a functional day. Appartently that is not working so now time to try some thing else. I was told that a pill can only do so much the rest is up to us to fix. The pill will only do so much at making us feel better. Now I just have to figure out how to make the rest of me feel better. Do you ever get tired of taking pills?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat when I'm sad, bored, happy, or anything else. (Basically I just want something in my mouth all day long.) I think the only reason I don't weigh more is because I'm dedicated to exercising 4-5 days a week for 45-50 minutes each time (as well as trying to get up and stay active throughout the day.)
    I don't think there's anything external that really can motivate us. It has to come from within. I've found that when I'm really feeling depressed and lethargic if I pray and ask God for strength and energy He usually gives me some. But He also expects me to get off my butt and do something. Most days I have to push myself to exercise (it's not something I do for pleasure!!) but I know it helps push away the depression as well as keeping my blood pressure, cholesterol and everything else in check.
    Keep up the good work!! And don't quit trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty good at staying away from the food all day. It is I when my hubby gets home and NEEDS something sweet that I usually fall apart. Or maybe I am so hungry from not eating enough during the day maybe?!?
    But, I also LOVE to eat out. To me it feels like being pampered. I get to eat and it's something i didn't have to cook! I know that is a big source of my problem. =\

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get really sad each time I have to go back on the meds. I usually go off them when I am pregnant and I do really well when I'm pregnant, I'm really happy and I eat good because of the gestational diabetes. So each time, I think this is it! I'm done with the meds! But it always comes back. I think that even though I know it's an illness it's hard to get away from the feeling that it is a failing on my part. The way I feel right now, I just can't wait for the meds to kick in, I just want to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so no how you feel. I could never go off my meds when I was pregnat. Now I blame myself for the things wrong with my kids. What if me taking my meds has made them the way they are. But at the same time I know if I had not taken my meds I would have not made it through each time I was pregnat. But there still is that big guilt trip there. If I had not taken the meds would my kids melt down the way they do? Would Kaleb be normal and have a form of Autisim? Would Kourtnie be normal and have ADHD or the other things that are going on with her now? These are all things I ask myself everytime I see one of my kids melt down or have a fit. I can always play the what if game. I did well with my weight with Kourtnie, Katie and Rocsheda. Mostly because I was so sick with all of them and Kaleb I gained a lot of weight but it was all gone with in 2 weeks he was a 10 pounder it was all water with him. But I did not gain fat weight, with any of my kids cept Kourtnie and I went from 140 to 180 so 40 lbs is all I gained with her but 40 is a lot when you are barly above 5 feet tall.

    ReplyDelete