Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back on med's but still a bad day

So I went to the Dr. today. It was the regular Dr. But he did get me back on some meds. He is lowering the doses on some, and making them higher on others, he will slowly do this, he does understand that 2 of the meds are going to put weight on me, but is going to put out the referral to a surgeon so that we can look at what options we have with getting the rest of the weight off of me, as well them being able to find me a therapist that deals with eating disorders. Not a good day emotionally though, I broke down in Kroger's parking lot just fell apart, I know the people around me were like what the heck a grown woman crying out in public like that. I about ran the same car over 2 times today, and finally got to the point where I said I am going home and staying home and not coming back out the rest of the day. The Dr. also says if the weight does not come off I will continue to have a lot of pain in my back and knees. A good friend I think finally got through to Alex last that when a person has a mental health problem, they do not want help from the people that love them, and that they feel that they are just trying to get in their way from doing what they want to do and end it. All I could do was stand there and say thank you that is how I feel. I know people love and want to help me, but I have to get to the point where I really want help. One day at time is that not what they say in A.A.? I just have to take it one day at time, today I did not want to go on I wanted it to just end. There are lots of days like those, but there are some good days, Sunday was an OK day, I did feel good to be at church. I did not make it to sacrament just the scout training, and the end of R.S. and P.H combined meeting. I really did like what the Bishop said with some of the things he said at the end. Then on Monday I went to a great picnic and was so glad that Michelle what there and Patty was there cause if they were not I would have just turned around and walked back to the car to go home. But then when I got to the festival to work, I looked at some of the people and their actions, and I thought wow I really do have it good. Now if I could appreciate what I really have then I would be going somewhere in the right direction. I had a great talk with Patty yesterday, even though it was really about nothing, it was nice to have adult conversation, I think I need more of it, and not from people that are not stable mentally either. But from smart responsible woman that have been or know what it is like to be where I am and are strong enough in their faiths to just stay by me. Not that I do not have some non Christan friends that would not do that, and I am grateful for them. But I know I need Christ like woman to keep being there for me pushing me, in the right direction. So back to home work, hopefully tomorrow will be better going to lunch with Kourtnie and some of her friends at her school, then come home and work more on finals.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you made it to church last Sunday, as well as the picnic. It was good to see you and get to talk with you.
    I'm flattered to see that you don't consider me to be one of the mentally unstable people... although maybe you just don't know me well enough yet! lol
    Keep hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. Wake up every morning and pray a prayer of thanksgiving for your blessings, and throughout each day look for the good and the beautiful in your life and in our world. It helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found your blog from Patty's. I hope you don't mind if I comment. I've been reading through some of your posts and it is an eye-opener for me. I know that our situations are not the same, but reading your posts is like listening to myself think. Thank you for being honest with your thoughts. You helped me feel better tonight--I thought I was the only adult woman who breaks down in the Kroger parking lot.

    Hang in there! I hope that things start to look better soon. I love what Patty said about finding the good and the beautiful in our world. I have a hard time doing that. . . all I can see is the sick baby who pooped on my carpet and the toddler who WILL NOT stop screaming.

    Thanks,

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Patty and Jamie of course I do not mind if you fallow this blog that is what it is here for. I want to help people as well people help me. I have been where you are at many times and even now that the kids are older the 13 year old that sceams becuase she is melting down and meds are just not working the 8 year old that wants to kill his self many times a day because he just does not get what is going on and why he can not be like others around him.

    ReplyDelete